October 12, 2023
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
We do not gather, collect, or store personal information of any kind. Any data collection is done on behalf of Google, as needed to host AdSense advertisements.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why our advertising partners collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
Appledystopia does not share your data with third parties. Due to privacy concerns, we switched from the standard Big Tech analytics (which most websites use) to AWStats, an open source Web statistics platform that preserves user privacy. This privacy-minded analytics tool runs completely on the server and does not set cookies or gather user data. We do not have any client-side analytics code running on this website.
Use of AWStats as Web Analysis Software
In order to evaluate our website statistically, Appledystopia uses the program AWStats. The statistics we obtain allow us to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user.
The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. AWStats evaluates log files that our web server creates on the basis of visitor requests. The program does not use any cookie files for evaluation.
The statistical analysis is carried out via the log files, which also contain IP addresses (see section Collection of access data and log files). As a rule, data cannot be assigned to specific persons.
The data are not merged with other data sources. The data will not be passed on to third parties. In contrast to other statistical programs, AWStats does not transmit data to an external server. The program is installed on our server, located in the United States of America.
The AWStats program is an open source project. Information from the third party provider on data protection can be found at https://www.awstats.org.
Why Our Advertising Partners Collect Information and For How Long
Our advertising partners collect information in order to present suitable ads for each individual. We have no way of accessing or using this information. We have no knowledge of how long the information is stored. You can delete any information accrued on this website, for purposes of advertising, through the link at the bottom of any page. You will only see this link if you have opted in to Google’s data collection program.
Google’s AdSense ads run on our website, which may gather personal user data. Data collection and gathering will only occur if you have opted in to Google’s data collection program. If so, you will see a link at the bottom of every page which can be used to manage your data, including deleting any data that was collected by Google on this website.
Echoweb Media LLC uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Echoweb Media LLC’s control.
Disclosure of Information
Since we do not gather user data, we cannot disclose it.
Children Under the Age of 13
Echoweb Media LLC’s website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). We do not collect user data from anyone.
Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website does contain links to affiliate and other websites. Echoweb Media LLC does not claim nor accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of other such websites.
Notice to European Union Users
Echoweb Media LLC’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us (via Google AdSense), the information may be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.)
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month. Since we do not collect and store user information, there is nothing to request from us.
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the data we hold is incorrect you have the right to have it corrected. Since we do not collect and store user information, there is nothing to rectify.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of same. Since we do not collect user data, there is nothing to erase.
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. Since we do not communicate with users via email or other technologies, there are no processes to restrict.
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. Since we do not collect user data, there is nothing to export.
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please use the form at the bottom of this web page.
In addition to the rights above, please rest assured that we will never store your personal information. In the event of a data breach, since no user data is stored on our servers, malicious actors will never have access to your personal information.
Echoweb Media LLC takes precautions to protect our servers. All web activity is transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
We also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in Internet and website use by providing simple and secure access.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Although we do not collect or store personal information, we are required to have a data controller to satisfy GDPR requirements. The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of GDPR compliance can be contacted using the form at the bottom of this web page.