From its humble beginnings with just one warehouse in 1983, Costco now operates over 700 locations across the world. Early Costco customers remember a store where everything came in mass quantities. Minimalistic warehouse shelves were stocked with ridiculously large tubs of mayonnaise and other bulk products. In the beginning, Costco was really only appropriate for large families. They specialized in selling institutionally sized groceries.
Times have changed. Although you can still find some relics of Costco’s past, they’ve figured out that most people don’t want a 5 gallon tub of mayo. Instead, they bundle multiple smaller units of groceries in one package. They also carry clothing, books, videos, TVs, computers, tires and almost everything under the sun, including select Apple products.
While you can’t buy a Macintosh at Costco, they do offer many of the smaller and more popular items. Costco shoppers can find tremendous savings on the iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV. You can even order these items online and have them delivered to your door.
Apple products are significantly discounted at Costco. You may be able to find a better deal if you search around, but it’s unlikely. The only disadvantage is that there isn’t a lot of choice. For example, if you buy an iPad, it usually only comes in one color. For most people, this isn’t a problem.
You also need a membership to shop at Costco. A normal membership costs $55. Executive memberships are offered at $110. The Executive membership offers additional perks. Executive card holders are allowed to enter the store one hour before regular members. They also get 2% back on purchases. I buy 90% of my groceries at Costco, so the Executive membership is well worth it.
If you can’t afford a membership, there is a workaround. Costco cash cards can be used by non-members at any store. There’s a bit of a catch-22. Only members can buy the cash cards.
It’s essential to act fast if you find a great deal. Costco is notorious for offering products for a limited time. At the time of this writing, Costco no longer carries the fourth generation Apple TV. I was able to buy one a month after it launched, for a discounted price.
Best Deals on Apple Products at Costco
Updated December 17, 2018
The links go to individual item pages, however, there may be different color options for a particular model. Make sure to check for any item variations, such as color, by searching for the item on Costco’s website.
Apple is known to release products on an almost predictable schedule. This means that there are bad times to buy specific Apple products. For example, Costco is still selling the iPad Air 2, even though the 2017 iPad is better in many respects and cheaper. You also don’t want to buy a new Apple device a few months before the next model launches. Make sure to read “Best Time to Buy Apple Products” before you make any purchase.
Costco sells different models of the iPhone at aggressive prices through Membership Wireless. The prices vary depending on device, carrier and upgrade eligibility. There are far too many variables to list in this article. Please refer to the Membership Wireless website for details.
Costco finally started selling Macs, however, one can find better deals elsewhere. All Macs come with an AppleCare+ option starting at $150.
- 2017 12″ MacBook dual core m3 1.2 GHz 256 GB (MNYF2LL/A) – $1,249.99
- 2017 13.3″ MacBook Air 7th gen dual core 2.2 GHz 128 GB (ZOUU3LL/A) – $899.99
- 2018 13.3″ MacBook Air 8th gen dual core 1.6 GHz 128 GB (MRE82LL/A) – $999.99
- 2018 13.3″ MacBook Air 8th gen dual core 1.6 GHz 256 GB (MREC2LL/A) – $1,349.99
- 2017 13.3″ MacBook Pro 7th gen dual core 2.3 GHz 128 GB (MPXR2LL/A) – $1,249.99
- 2017 13.3″ MacBook Pro 7th gen dual core 2.3 GHz 256 GB (MPXR2LL/A) – $1,449.99
- 2018 13.3″ MacBook Pro Touch Bar 8th gen dual core 2.3 GHz 256 GB (MR9Q2LL/A) – $1,749.99
- 2018 13.3″ MacBook Pro Touch Bar 8th gen dual core 2.3 GHz 512 GB (MR9V2LL/A) – $1,949.99
- 2018 15.4″ MacBook Pro Touch Bar 8th gen dual core 2.2 GHz 256 GB (MR962LL/A) – $2,299.99
- 2018 15.4″ MacBook Pro Touch Bar 8th gen dual core 2.6 GHz 512 GB (MR942LL/A) – $2,699.99
- 2017 21.5″ 4K iMac 7th gen quad-core 3 GHz i5 1TB (MNDY2LL/A) – $1,249.99
- 2017 27″ 5K iMac 7th gen quad-core 3.4 GHz i5 1TB (MNE92LL/A) – $1,749.99
Most prices are for WiFi models. Costco occasionally sells unlocked cellular models, which may be listed below. If you are interested in purchasing a cellular iPad, please refer to the Membership Wireless website.
- 2018 9.7″ iPad 32 GB (MR7F2LL/A) – $279.99
- 2018 9.7″ iPad 128 GB (MRJP2LL/A) – $359.99
- 2018 11″ iPad Pro 64 GB (MTXN2LL/A) – $769.99
- 2018 11″ iPad Pro 256 GB (MTXQ2LL/A) – $899.99
- 2018 11″ iPad Pro 512 GB (MTXT2LL/A) – $1,099.99
- 2018 11″ iPad Pro 1 TB (MTXV2LL/A) – $1,479.99
- 2018 12.9″ iPad Pro 64 GB (MTEL2LL/A) – $949.99
- 2018 12.9″ iPad Pro 512 GB (MTFP2LL/A) – $1,299.99
- 2018 12.9″ iPad Pro 1 TB (MTFR2LL/A) – $1,679.99
- 42mm Apple Watch Series 3 aluminum case (MQL12LL/A) – $299.99
- 40mm Apple Watch Series 4 aluminum case (MU642LL/A) – $384.99
- 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 aluminum case (MU6F2LL/A) – $414.99
- 40mm Apple Watch Series 4 aluminum case cellular (MTUD2LL/A) – $484.99
- 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 aluminum case cellular (MTUW2LL/A) – $514.99
- Apple Smart Keyboard for 3rd gen 12.9″ iPad Pro (MU8H2LL/A) – $189.99
- Apple Smart Keyboard for 2nd gen 12.9″ iPad Pro (MJYR2LL/A) – $159.99
- Apple Pencil 1st gen (MK0C2AM/A) – $93.49
- AirPods (MMEF2AM/A) – out of stock
- Apple Watch 40mm white sport band – $44.99
- Apple Watch 44mm midnight blue sport band – $44.99
- Apple HomePod Smart Speaker (MQHV2LL/A) – $279.99
iTunes Gift Cards (Codes)
Share This Page