page 3 of 4
I recommend setting the trackpad as a favorite in your Bluetooth preferences. This has never solved the problem, but it does enable the trackpad to re-connect faster, either on its own or when you manually cycle it. Here’s how you do it:
1. Click on the bluetooth widget in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
2. Select “Open Bluetooth Preferences” from the pop-up menu.
3. On the Bluetooth Preferences screen, select “Apple Wireless Trackpad” on the left.
4. Click on the gear wheel on the left panel, under the “Apple Wireless Trackpad” selection.
5. Select “Add to Favorites” from the pop-up menu. (continue…)